View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 06:48 AM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStrangelife View Post

The video itself is good, but I posted because of Irbe's comments at 8:50.
(In English (After winning the Russians in year 2000): "I've lived 33 years on this planet and I lived these 33 years for this day, for this game; and I would be ready to give up half of my life, only for a game like this. I think there's nothing more to add. Thank You to anyone who believed." )

Now this is patriotism, this is love for the game. Our current situation is just said , I really hope that guys like Indrašis and Girgensons will bring some spirit back.

Let's be honest, maybe the right thing to do, would be not to care, but how can the fans quit on something that has been a Latvian symbol, an identity to us. We love ice-hockey, it makes our blood boil. It's not just the game itself that is brilliant, it's the fact that there are Latvian jersey out on the ice, our players were carrying our flag outside to the world. It was something I've always been proud of. We've never been brilliant hockey team, but we've always given our best and the fans stood through thick and thin. Quitting on our NT will be like killing part of ourselves.
Yeah its seems the only change we can hope for is with the next-gen players,cause the current generation wont change
their opinions or outlooks on the NT.Guys like Daug,Girgensons,Indrasis, who will not say no to NT is what were lacking.

And i think Nolan understands that,in some interview if i remember correctly he said he wants to build our NT from the ground up like a 5 years plan incoroprating young talented players in our NT (Blugers,Girgensons,Indrasis etc),we might suck for the next few years,but its for the future.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote