03-27-2013, 07:20 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...flyers-defense

I know everyone wants Seth Jones, but after reading this... I'm starting to hope the flyers draft Drouin, Mac, or Barkov; and trade (Couts or B Schenn) for a dman with a high upside. Would like people's thoughts after reading the link I posted.
If Jones is there you draft him. He won't be the #1 defenseman next year, but he has that potential down the road and I am pretty confident he would be in the NHL next season, being an upgrade over Gervais/Gus/Foster, probably playing on the second pair. Something like:

Schenn-Coburn
Jones-Timonen
Grossmann-Mez (if not traded)

The problem with trading Couturier (or Schenn or Read) for a #1 guy is that it is probably going to cost your more than just one of them, and it may be a guy with only a handful of years left or a guy with that potential who doesn't reach it. It is a tough situation to be in, and if the Flyers don't wind up drafting Jones, I wager that Flyer fans will not be happy with the end result: either going into next season with a similar defense to the one we have now or overpaying for a defenseman that may not be the one people around here want.