View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 08:01 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
So you're saying he was our best defensive center last year?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...Name=plusMinus

I'm sure +- no longer applies anymore right? I obviously don't consider him our best defensive center but -2 is that bad? He went up against best player in the world last night and only 1 goal was scored against his dimunitive, one dimensional line.

Let's call it for what it is. DD isn't a stud defensive player, he is less than average as well but he's not the center version of MAB. Guy hustles and battles. At end of the day, some people seem happier with a 6'6 floater than a 5'7 hard worker. It is what it is, he's not a good defensive player but he's not OMG brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Also, it's actually the Plekanec line that lost possession on the play that led to the Crosby goal. There was a line change as Crosby was crossing the red line (Habs bench behind him) so the -1 from yesterday is a fluke stat. Nothing the DD line could have done on the play.

They did hold their own against Crosby, but they had another crappy game offensively. For 2 weeks now, they're grinding in the O zone (DD and Gally anyways, Pacioretty mainly floats), but while they fight puck battles behind the goal or in the corner, nothing happens in the pay zone. They can't take control of the puck and set up plays.

They better watch some tapes of what made it work in the past - and fast - or the coaching staff will have no choice but start mixing things up. For the moment, though, until Therrrien gets Prust and Bourque back (or at least one of them), line options are limited, so the only other way out is to play the 'hot' players more. And there's no such thing as a hot forward on the roster right now.
They should mix up the lines. I'm okay with Gallagher and Galchenyuk back together again. I'm also okay with them taking Pacioretty with them. I don't mind where DD plays.

As you said, somewhat difficult given the injuries but when bourque and Prust are back it should give us more options.