Old
03-27-2013, 08:33 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I would be completely surprised if they don't make a move to bring in a player who can PK and drop the gloves at this years deadline.
They might. But to me, this are just surface moves.

Quote:
I also wouldn't be surprised to see Gaborik or Boyle moved at this point. Not saying they should, or should not. Just that I would not be surprised.
Like I said, if the internal opinion is getting rid of Gaborik is an addition by subtraction move they might. I'm just very dubious as to what they can really get back.

Quote:
Finally, Torts played Boyle at RW over Gaborik last night (where Boyle should have been playing for a couple of years anyways IMO). MZA and Fasth are true RWers. MZA can play the left side as well. At what point do the Rangers try and maximize the asset and bring in pieces to fill the holes that are needed to be filled? 3c? Top-4 RD?

Again, if you are ready to trade a guy who is a season removed from a 40 goal season for a 3C and RD, then I think the larger message is "We feel the team is best served by getting rid of Gaborik."
I've given up trying to figure out Torts. Fast needs to show he can play in the NHL before I pencil him to the lineup.