View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 09:31 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Depends on the role and support they are receiving. Have to remember this is an NCAA free agent and not someone coming straight out of juniors. DeKeyser is 23 and has been playing against men ages 18-25 (mainly 20-23) his entire NCAA career. NCAA route gives players fewer games than major junior hockey, but allows them a greater practice to game ratio to develop their skills.

There are people that slip through the cracks all over the place. Many are late bloomers that for whatever reason seem to suddenly put together all their talents over time and become a top player.

I haven't seen DeKeyser play since last season, but believe that he has the intangibles from all reports to step in and compete if given the right role. Playing 25+ minutes a night alongside Weber probably isn't the best fit for him right now, but playing ~18 minutes a night alongside Klein likely would allow him enough mentoring to fit in and be productive if he keeps his game simple.

I'll certainly defer to your knowledge on this but I just find it hard to wrap my head around it when top prospects like Blum and Ellis have struggled to integrate despite extensive time in Milwaukee. If nothing else the preds are one of the best organizations in all of hockey at developing defensemen, and for someone to be able to jump line from the NCAA all the way to the second pair in OUR organization just boggles my mind

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote