View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Recoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Well, if we move the 1st for and get a high 2nd back, I'd like to take him. I just have a feeling this is going to be one of those picks people look back on and wonder how the hell he lasted that long. Cutler has gone down in every season. If this isn't a need position, I don't know what is.
I agree completely it's a need position. You are right, Cutler has missed time each of the last 3 seasons he has been here for various reasons (twice due to concussion). We NEED a backup QB. But, IMO, if we shore up the line more, there's a better chance Cutler can stay in. I just don't see us spending a 1st/2nd round pick on a QB this year, in a draft where we only have 5 picks total. Next year --- definitely. This year, I think we will be playing Free Agent Roulette.

Even if we trade down (which won't be easy) I'm not sure we end up with a later 1st and another 2nd. Perhaps 2 additional 2nd or a later 1st and a 3rd. Dunno, I'm not sure how that all works. But it just doesn't seem to me like we have enough picks to go for one of these guys even if they do make it past the Top 15 (and I tend to think they won't).

That's why I love watching the draft though...you never know what's going to happen or who gets a case of the crazies first.