Thread: Speculation: Trade Speculation/Be a GM Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 09:46 AM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Because, by comparison, Gaborik has been better over the course of their careers.

Players aren't traded exclusively because of their performance over a 30 game stretch.

Now, if we keep Gaborik, that's fine too, but frankly I'd sooner just move Callahan to LW instead since he doesn't seem to be scoring much at even strength anyways.
I don't disagree with this, but I just don't see Buffalo doing something like this. Vanek is a couple years younger, though and a VERY similar player to Gaborik. He also knows the system/team already and is obviously comfortable there.

I just don't really see the sense in trading one top streaky goal scorer for another. For the Rangers it makes sense because we have a clog on the right side, but on Buf Vanek is a clear cut #1LW on the team.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't do this trade for Buffalo and furthermore I don't do it because Gaborik hasn't played well this season. I've been one of Gaboriks biggest advocates as well this season and think he has looked better of late. I just think it would be dumb for the Rangers to trade him.

If you can get Vanek for him, you do it, or in a deal that makes sense. If they trade him for some ****** package like a 3rd liner and serviceable d-man, middling prospect, i will cry.

You need players like Gabby to win the cup. We are better off holding on to him and hoping he gets it going. His history says he will. He has been a great FA signing by Sather and i have faith he will turn it around.