View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
No you and that other guy have constantly repeated that but its not evidence of anything. Saying a big guy is a worse defenseman if he doesnt play physical is so stupid. Its your opinion with no proof and you pass it as fact to make Murphy seem better. Just like how you said there arent a lot of big dmen that arent great defensively, I could say there arent many that are under 5'11 and make an even bigger list of dmen that are bad defensively.
Please stop misinterpreting what I said (this goes to everyone in this thread).

I only said that, because Sproul doesn't play a physical game, or use his size effectively, it can not be used as a reason that he is better than Murphy. Notice that I am NOT saying that Murphy is better than Sproul. Arguing that Sproul is better than Murphy because he has 5' over him is not valid. That's all I'm saying.

There ARE examples of defensemen who did not use their size and did not reach their full potential. The current Tyler Myers. Jay Bouwmeester, Joni Pitkanen, Zach Bogosian for the past 4 years. And there ARE examples of defenseman who did, such as the current Zach Bogosian. So it can be learned.

But I'm talking about right now, at this moment.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote