View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 11:39 AM
RedWinger10

vCash: 500
I have a meniscus tear in my right knee. It sounds like you could have a number of things. When you have a meniscus tear what often happens is a piece of the torn cartilage gets into the joint and misaligns the joint. You would feel an immediate drop off in the ability to support weight on knee in that leg. Some tears are more severe than others some require surgery and some do not. I tore mine playing golf. I (for some stupid reason) planted my pivot foot and my knee buckled, my right leg from the knee down bent about 45* towards the right side of my body (gross I know). You know immediately when it happens. My knee swelled up and was painful and stiff for 2-3 days. I got my knee checked out and she told me I have a meniscus tear that's on the edge of surgery. The doc said its my choice weather I get it fixed. If a meniscus tear is mild enough you can exercise the knee to build up the muscle in the knee to compensate for your compromised meniscus cartilage, or you can do orthoscopic surgery which pretty much instantly fixes the knee and recovery time is only about 1 day. I chose to build the muscle in the knee, although even with more muscle you want to avoid twisting of the knee. I can play hockey now without much of a problem. Every knee injury is different and you need to get it checked out by a doctor and/or sports therapist.

RedWinger10 is offline   Reply With Quote