View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Saarela is insanely good for his age, has all the tools to be a top nhl prospect. Obviously there's still so much time until the draft that he might even go undrafted if his development stalls, but still he's a better player than all of our current top prospects were at the same age, and on a different maturity level. I think you're selling him short if you only loosely describe him as a potential 1st rounder.

I haven't seen Rantanen enough to say much, but why is he not a 1st round prospect in your eyes?
There are fewer question marks when a prospect plays a relatively mature game and is physically developed for his age, like Saarela, but in some cases it also means that the prospect has slightly less room for future growth and development. I acknowledge Saarelaís talent, but my personal expectations of him arenít quite as high as the above list indicates. Would be interesting to see how a pro with enough viewings would rank the top guys, but sadly we donít have access to such data.

Rantanen has a good frame and displays some vision, but his skating and coordination could be better, and Iím not seeing puck skills that are truly high-end. Itís worth keeping an eye on how he develops, but IMO not a 1st round kind of prospect at this point of time.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote