View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 12:52 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Jones is talented enough to step right into a role next season. he may not reach his potential for a few seasons, but it's better than the 'fix a flat' system this team has utilized when it comes to defenseman and filling spots in general. i'd rather groom a highly touted kid from the get go in the NHL with the potential to be a franchise defenseman than neglect that need in the draft and trade for a guy who's development has halted (meyers) or fill the void with a stopgap with a big contract like Bouwmeester or Campbell. We need to end this mantra of filling our team with other teams unwanted material and expecting any significant success. if anything is to change, we need to start developing our own corner pieces. Jones would be the perfect start to that. I'm PERFECTLY willing to suck it up through the growing pains in order to finally have our own bonafide #1 defenseman that we didn't need to sacrifice the rest of the future and the prospect pool for.

honestly, i want jones badly. but if we can't get him, I'd be all about trading our #3ish pick for columbus' 1st and the rangers 1st. take a guy like Pulock, Nurse or Zadorov with the higher pick and then a guy like anthony mantha with the other.
I wouldn't be opposed to this at all. I know Druin and MacKinnon are elite talents but the need is so great on D that I think it's time to think a little outside the box.