View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 12:15 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
When Murray was made coach I remember some people expressing concern about this very damned very. I was in the boat of "hey, maybe he'll develop some Dmen!" but others pointed out that it doesn't make sense to have your farm squad playing a completely different system compared to the big club.

Boy, we just keep on finding loads of major flaws with the organization this year. Many of them were predicted by some.
Yup ..I actually think this is very telling and a major organizational flaw as far as approach to player development. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing..if it did it should slap itself in the face.

With young players you promote continuity and try to nurture their development. Nobody likes unpredictability especially young players trying to learn the ropes of the big leagues. Yeah players needs to learn adaptability to systems but it's just counterintuitive to do it this way especially considering how successful teams like the Devils are with developing interchangeable players to fit their system.

I mean this whole season is one big cluster****. You have a GM that gets stay at home D men to support a goalie that supposedly plays better in a system type set up. Then you have a coach that has a totally opposite approach and promotes pinches and pressure depite not having the personnel to do so. Then your callups come from a stifling system on the farm team ...I mean total confusion!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote