View Single Post
03-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Bring back Bonk!
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Gorges would be the perfect captain because people can't complain about his production because that is not what he is here to do. Any media person ho tries to say otherwise will be ignored by fans with even the slightest amount of hockey knowledge.

I also don't get the people trying to underrate Gorges leadership. He lead the league in shots last year ON A LAST PLACE TEAM. Do you how much harder it would be to sacrifice your body every game when you know the games don't even mean anything? He never gives up and he would be/is a great role model for our younger players (look at BGally).

Another perfect example of his heart and leadership is the Malone fight in preseason last year. Campoli had been on our team one day when he took a questionable hit but Gorges still fought Malone knowing he would get his *** handed to him. Pretty much every one of Gorges rare fights are against someone much bigger than him when he is standing up for a teammate.

Edit: also I believe Markov turned down the C after Koivu left so I doubt he takes it now. He isn't really that kind of leader anyway.
Or the McLaren fight this season. Two guys that are way bigger and way more skilled fighters than Gorges.

I love Gorges. I think the "original" contract was perfect. That said, with the cap going down next season, Gorges will be overpaid.

I don't mind though.