View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Agreed here.

BUT the other thing to note...his physical presence. Kreider is taking the body consistently. He is making sure he finishes his checks. He is going to the net and he is getting under the skin of his opponents. I noticed it in the Washington game and obviously last night it happened twice. Drew a penalty at the end of the game against Luke Schenn. That is a huge plus. The kid grew up a little bit after being sent down. He is showing some brass balls out there and I love it.
Agreed.

He has to find his own style here, but Cally is a good example to follow. A player with Kreiders set of attributes has to make himself difficult to play against.

From my point of view what's impressive is that agitating the opposition does not appear to be something that comes naturally to him. He's a bit awkward with it right now. He's never had to try and impose his will before. His size, speed, and skill just made that a reality. Now he's facing guys every bit as big and strong as he is.

So he's stretching himself a bit. We'll see how that goes. Eventually, he will be confronted directly. I'll be looking to see how he handles that.