View Single Post
Old
08-10-2006, 08:26 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
P.S.: When they do succeed I will proceed to tear thru this board like an avenging scythe.
Success is a fickle thing. To us, Jason Ward is NOW a successfull 3rd line player. Do you think that the Habs view their former 1st round (I believe top-10) pick as a success?

If Jessiman becomes another Jason Ward, is that really so wonderfull to us? If Falardeau becomes a 4th line center, is that really worth becoming an avenging scythe over? Personally, a 12th overall pick in an extremely deep draft becoming a 3rd line player does not do it for me. Nor the 2nd rounder (in a year in which that was the only pick amongst the first 60 rounds.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that Jessiman has now come to the point that he can be nothing but a 3rd line player (although I believe that a 4th line spot is all that Falardeau can hope for, at the NHL level). But if these players do make the NHL and become nothing more than bottom-2 line players, I would not exactly become giddy with the "I told you so's".

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote