View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 01:17 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Rayzor, I'm not disagreeing that our past drafts have been average at best, thus hurting the current depth. I'm saying in this year's draft, we need to get as many "I'll report to Windsor" players as we can, given our obvious lack of depth this year. Sure, we've taken plenty of players in the past that weren't NCAA-or-bust, but this year it's crucial that we get kids that want to be here. You said you were "fine" with this years draft being "full of flyer picks." We can't do that. That's a massive risk given what little we have in the Jr B ranks right now. Take the kids who want to come to Windsor, then, once we have a reasonable amount of picks, and the program has picked back up, take a stab at some NCAA-or-bust potentials.
There's a good chance none of the players selected this year would even make the team or if they did it would be a minimal one at best. I have questions whether Sanvido can become a good OHL defenseman his skating is extremely poor, Verbeek didn't do a lot this year and from what people say he does not take to teaching. The 2014 draft is the important one this one is already done.