View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Tinalera

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Their tasked with two issues, life with or life without the Coyotes in drafting two separate RFP's pursuant to the Arena Management Contract's. With the former obviously the AMC would be enjoined to the franchise ergo they would act as the lead in dealing with any potential buyer's, then presenting the COG with whatever it is that theyve' negotiated on behalf of Glendale, making recommendations, presenting it to Council for review & approval. Failing that, whatever proposals they receive for Arena Management Services absent an anchor tenant and likewise presented to Council.

And yes Hawker14, I agree. The COG shouldve gone elsewhere, your suggestion or perharps SportsCorp out of New York. Beacon's got history in Glendale, with the Reinsdorfs, Beasley, a lot of baggage.... but as your avy suggests, sometimes stupid is as stupid does. A completely fresh set of eyes free of any accusations or hint of duplicity whats absolutely required, a firm with considerably more heft, weight & experience. Beacon is several notches below top end & if your going to be taking on the NHL, youd best be hiring a Super Heavy and not Middle Weights.
And that's where it's interesting-trying to find some enjoy(end)ment with the Yotes as anchor would mean you're having to find someone who is willing to buy the team, but what happens if its a deal that's okay with CoG but not the NHL? I guess that's part and parcel of the process. Only thing I'm thinking is that there IS someone out there who wants to manage the arena (wink wink, nudge nudge) but may not want the anchor tenant, then the 250 hours sounds more reasonable-like they're there to negotiate a deal right away. Only way the 250 hours works I think-they must have some potentials lined up and they're using these guys to find out each (if there more than one) "best deal", and they present it to CoG-again, not necessarily Yotes owners, but just arena managers.