View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 02:38 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
As part of the Fan Base you can rest assured I'm already livid. I've a pair of ducats in 109 that are heading to the open market unless I sense some kind of change in direction in the wind. WR and the coaching staff have ridden on the coat tails of the Memorial Cup wins long enough. It seems IMHO that over the course of the last few years management has made more and more poor decisions when it comes to the drafting and the teaching of those players. Perhaps the scouting staff has done a poor job, perhaps the GM has ignored their recommendations or perhaps the coach/owner has over ruled the GM I don't know but in the end the product on the ice is not what it should be. No one expects the team to win a Memorial cup every year but at the inflated pricing we face it's not unreasonable to expect a competitive team. It seems very apparent to me that WR made some terrible decisions early on in the past season that ended up coming back to bite us in the ass and leaving the team short handed on too many nights.
The mistakes, errors in judgement and apparent poor discipline when it comes to looking after the players is beginning to remind me of previous ownership's. If we aren't there already we are once again becoming a place that players/parents wish to avoid.
Perhaps it's time to break up the old boy's club that's running the team, get some new blood in the ownership group and coaching staff and get back to Spitfire hockey.
That is all fair and reasonable, to renew season tickets right now with hope of them being real good takes a big leap of faith imo. I think they could be good come 2015 but barring emptying the cupboards because you win the Memorial Cup bid it will take improved management and scouting to make it better. Imo it went downhill when Boughner went to Columbus, they made a nice run but had nothing to show for it at the end except a graduating Ellis and Kassian. Boughner can be blamed for coaching issues obviously but the blame for drafting and trades go to Rychel. Boughner trusted Rychel to mind the shop while he left and it turned out poorly.