View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 02:21 PM
That

vCash: 500
I've found that Galchenyuk has been improving the last few games or so. He can actually win a puck battle now, which is a welcome change. Galchenyuk still isn't very creative offensively, but that will come with time. He's been solid defensively and positions himself well. He isn't afraid to block shots and does a great job blocking the cross crease or the backdoor pass.

While he's been good defensively, the offence just isn't coming. It'll come with time, but he has to try more than get forced to the outside and then shoot high and wide, or dump and chase.

I'm not sure if Eller is the best fit for him. I'm getting tired of seeing Eller circle the net, he needs to drive the net hard and then work down low. Plus, both Galchenyuk and Eller like the centre of the ice when trying to gain the zone, so it might be time to split them up, or make them swap positions. I'd prefer to see Galchenyuk play centre, but I wouldn't be against playing him on the left side of Desharnais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Sorry... OHL.

I don't know man, he probably would've led the league in scoring and he'd be playing center. I don't think he's playing badly, but he's not getting the same icetime he would in the minors.
He would not, not technically anyway. Not this year, especially with the way Jacques Beaulieu coaches. He would be playing LW on a line with Charles Sarault and Reid Boucher. Now, the system that they have in place there is quite different. Sarault (the centre) would normally take the draws, and let Galchenyuk do the rest in the centre of the ice. Boucher and Sarault allowed Galchenyuk to essentially do whatever he wanted, all they had to do was get open.

If we left Galchenyuk in Sarnia, he would have to stay there until his team is out of the playoffs, then he could be signed to play in Hamilton. However, then it would be back to the OHL for the 13/14 season.