Thread: Olympics: 2014 - U.S. Roster Discussion
View Single Post
03-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Puck You
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
I hope he gets a look but I think he's going to be a bit too green to get a roster spot. However I'll be excited to see him 2018.
agreed. but he isnt that far off the list if you ask me. if this kid continues to improve next year, I am not sure you can make a case to not pick him...he is in the top 20 for all USA scorers, top 4 for all rookie scorers in the entire league, and has been playing on the top line all season with Toews and Hossa, even during all their media craziness with the streak. this kid isnt green anymore imo though I know what you are saying...he has stepped up and played top line minutes on the best overall team in the league...if he stays this way next year, surely there will be a spot for him in the bottom 6 or taxi squad just for the experience.

what makes it even more realistic for me is that Saad I believe had only 1 point in his first 13-14 games....since then he is a ppg player with 15 points now in his last 16-17 games..this kid is starting to put it together after being absolutely robbed 8-9 points in those first 13 games..simply had no luck in the beginning, now it is starting to go in for him...all I am saying is dont be shocked if he is top8-10 in points for the US next year and gets a very long long look to make this team.