View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
I love how winning a championship puts some people's expectations so high that they can't get excited over beating the best team in the league. Let's take this for what it is, a great win over a great team.
We are the best team in the league. I think this is the difference between me and the others here. After we got Carter, after the playoffs and this season as well, I have seen enough to justify my belief in this. Chicago just got a hot start because the season is weird. Now they've been beat by Anaheim and LA, which by itself proves nothing but when added to everything else, it's yet another fact that fits with the overall idea. The Kings are better.

We're not flawless though, we still have issues we have to work though with all of the players hurt.

And I don't think having high expectations of a team that won the Cup in the most dominant run in the history of the Cap era, brings back the entire roster and continues to play at a high level is a bad thing. Sometimes I feel like the fans, not all but a lot, still act like when the Kings beat a successful team, it's like cheering for a mentally handicapped kid who makes a basket.

I believe in this team. I have ever since they closed out Vancouver last year and I thoroughly predicted on HF that they would sweep St. Louis. This isn't the purple era anymore.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote