View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 04:21 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
This thread is a great example of people who live with giant cones on their head that prohibit them from paying attention to any team other than the Montreal Canadiens.

There's a little thing on Capgeek called "Comparables" that allows you to input any player and out comes the players compared to them.

On it you will see players like John-Michael Liles, Eric Brewer, Tim Gleason, Tom Gilbert, Filip Kuba, Robyn Regehr, Kyle Quincey, Brooks Orpik, etc. all players who make as much, more or less than Gorges.

Honestly the only guys on the list I'd take over Gorges for sure are Enstrom and Hedman. Maybe Erik Johnson. But Gorges is overpaid?

Even then, one simply has to look at Anton Volchenkov in New Jersey. He's a $4.25M with only one expectation: good defensive play. Gorges is younger and makes less. Volchenkov received his contract on free agency. If that doesn't tell you that Gorges is well priced, you're just ignorant.
The problem with hockey salaries is this

the front line star like the Sedin`s , Crosby, etc are all 6 plus mil

I have no problem paying big money to legit FRONT LINE TALENT

but its lunacy when Gio , Cammy , Wideman , Grabovsky , etc.... make 5 plus

that is nuts when most of these guys dont make a difference at all , I dont care if its free agency 99% of the time none of these transactions work , meaning the team actually improves and the player earns his money

I cant explain how a GM can think that adding a Komi and Colby at 7.5 mil in cap space on a leaf team going nowhere makes sense ,when they are dime a dozen players

Funny how a year later the dude on the trade block is the same one you grossly overpaid