Old
03-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Outside of Hartnell, Coburn is probably the only piece the Flyers have left they can move that would end up getting a very nice return. As much as I despise the guy, I realize that there are teams out there that would be enamored with his physical gifts and would probably give up quite a bounty to land a 28 year old, 6'5, swift skating defenseman. There'd be no reason to believe that the Flyers couldn't land a blue chip prospect, a 1st and young roster player for him. It'd be a nice way to kick off the rebuild. Yep, using that word that should have been used back in 2007.
I'm slowly coming to the same conclusion. I still cling to some hope, but it's increasingly looking like he's never going to be a go to guy. He's looking more and more like a permanent complementary player. If someone wants to offer a great deal for him, it has to be taken.

I assumed at first that he's been playing with some sort of injury, but I doubt it now. It's been long enough that some sort of rumor should have surfaced if that were the case.