View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Lateralous
New Jersey Devils

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckridesagain View Post
I remember a lot of Anaheim fans were pissed that the nj fans started booing J.S. when he won the smythe. To this day I truely believe that just about everyone there was not booing J.S. but were booing that a devils player was not awarded the conn smythe. Am I right devils fans?
Pretty much. We just watched the guy give up 3,3,6 & 3 goals in the 4 games we saw in person in NJ, including a fairly gigantic 5 hole in game 7 and they go and award him the MVP. It just fed into the feeling that the Devils never got the respect they deserved.

I don't get the people saying Brodeur in '03 either. He was way better in the '00 run when they played a much more wide open system under Robinson. He was absolutely lights out from game 5 of the Flyers series through those two multiple overtime goalie duels with Belfour to close out the series against the Stars. I always felt he never got the credit he deserved from that run. I guess it evened out in '03 when the system was a lot tighter and frankly there were a lot of easy shutouts. That was also the year I first remember him starting the give up flukes at the worst times.

My vote goes to Roy '93 and Giguere in '03 despite the 3 games in NJ. Hasek is probably up there as well but all of his playoff run blend together for me so I'm not sure any one year stands out.

Lateralous is offline   Reply With Quote