Thread: OIL! @ Blues
View Single Post
03-27-2013, 06:35 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
Allen's a shiny new toy so he gets the easy way out.. if Halak gave up 3 goals on 7 shots this board would lose their minds. I find it hilarious how some people think Allen is already better than Halak with only 11 starts under his NHL career.
I've played goalie for 15 years. I've had my fair share of arguments with teammates leaving me hanging out to dry. I've defender Halak when he's been pulled for goals that weren't his fault. Hitch even said it wasn't Allen's fault but energy needed to be shifted somewhere on the ice.

I'm not sure what you guys were expecting Allen to do on the goals he let up?

If he would have anticipated and cheated over to Eberle who's to say RNH wouldn't have had read his body movement and taken a shot after Allen moved over for Eb's shot or just dropped it back to Hall for a wide open net.

2nd goal he came out to challenge a shot. Eberle is a prolific goal scorer and put it right where Allen couldn't get it, he had great positioning but that shot was a pure sniper, if Stewart or Frank would have done that we would be screaming for joy on what a shot that was.

3rd goal again, what did you want Allen to do? Use his booster pack to get back into the net quicker after being taken out?

There is a complete difference of a goaltender's fault and leaving him out to dry. Cervanka's 2nd goal was similar to Eberle's 2nd goal, both goaltender's had no chance as they were both incredible shots. I'm not sure how you can blame a goaltender for giving up 3 goals on 3 odd-man rushes.

It's not the fact that we are letting Allen get a pass on letting up 3 goals on 7 shots, but just realizing, there was really nothing else he could have done.