View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 07:05 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude View Post
Well most seem to be saying we need either a ppqb because Gogo sucks or a guy like Grossman who we had. Both needs are because Newy failed to properly evaluate talent.
Grossmann was good, and I personally feel underappreciated around here, but I wouldn't have wanted to pay him 3.5 per year. This team has too good of prospects and too bad of chances of really winning right now to make that a worthwhile signing, if he even would have signed with us for that amount.

Goligoski does suck though and even in Pittsburgh was a complimentary offensive piece on the PP. He simply doesn't have the mental tools to QB a PP. That is a major oversight on Nieuwendyk's part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I really don't like any of the centers Chicago has. If any of them were any good, they wouldn't need a long term #2 center so badly.
I hate this mentality.

Chicago has the best record in the league and management has said they're looking more for a checking line type of center. The 2nd line center stuff is coming from media speculation.

Pirri is 21 (going on 22) and can't slot into the #2 center role for a Cup contender? Wow, he must be ****.