View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Noel doesn't use his 3rd line as a defensive checking line ever since USSR got broken up.
Now he rolls 3 scoring lines, where LLW takes the tough matchups, then Kane's, then 3rd line is sheltered. 4th line is extremely sheltered but is predominately given defensive zone starts so that he can use the top 3 lines in the offensive zone more often. So we really don't need to worry about our players fitting into a Burke style 'top6/bottom6' fashion.

Now to be more on topic.
If we were more of a top6/bottom6 team I don't think O`Dell could play 3rd line. He's not small, but he's not big. He's not shy to use the body, but he's not overly physical.

I really think that O`Dell gets a good look.
He can play centre and RW and he's a pretty good goal scorer. He does well behind the net and in the high slot. He's not that great of a distributer though. He would fit well with a combo like Antropov/Lowry + Scheifele/Burmistrov.
Really? I guess I still thought Noel was giving LLW #1 responsibility, the 3rd line #2, and the 2nd line #3.

It would be interesting to see both Scheifele and O'Dell on the roster next year. Maybe O'Dell on the 3rd with Jokinen?