View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Okay, given the rumors out there and the potential price...I no longer want Iginla. What Shero needs to do...or what I hope he's doing...is talking to another team. As soon as the Iginla trade goes down, Shero jumps on a winger that hasn't gotten as much attention.

Had we not given Morrow, I'd be a bit more liberal in trading a d prospect from the pool. I have to trust that the scouts and management feel Poliot and Maatta are the ways to go over Morrow. Hard for me to accept now because what I saw of Morrow I really liked.

But now that our prospects are an additional 1-2 years away...I worry. Despres and Harrington will no doubt be a nice stop gap.

Letang-Despres
Orpik-Martin
Niskanen-Engo/Bortz/Murray/Eaton/Mario/Jagr/Wayne/etc

will do for next year. After that year Letang will get the raise, and Orpik will be up. Hopefully Harrington will be ready to take over by then:

Letang-Despres
Harrington-Martin
Niskanen-whoevs

After that year...Martin will be gone and hopefully some of the prospects are ready. Course you never know about UFAs or trades.

At this point I would much rather see a prospect and a later pick or TK and a prospect go out for a longer term winger.
Don't forget that Dumoulin should be ready to go next season. May make Orpik expendable in pre-draft trade.