View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Who are you thinking of? I think of younger brothers as feistier, as they have to really want it to play 10 years of ball hockey with a bigger brother. But then the older brothers get 10 years of practice against a slightly inferior opponent, which is very good for developing skills and talent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Notorious younger brother floaters include Fedor Fedorov, Marcel Hossa, Mike Comrie, Rob Niedermayer, Sergei Kostitsyn, and Alexander Radulov.
You guys ever hear of David Toews? I have, but I also know someone who used to live with him, which may be why

Bloodlines aren't as important as many people give sway to. Yes, there are rare instances where kids become stars after dad/brother/cousin/uncle, etc ... but there are clearly instances of huge failure, also. Yes, you have Bobby Hull's "chubby little kid" Bret, who went on to become one of the greatest goal scorers of all-time. You also have Clark Gillies' nephew Colton, who can barely find his way into the sad, injury depleted lineup of the Blue Jackets.

I can honestly say that Max Domi is two things: Built and plays the game like his dad, and also far more talented. He's an intriguing player, but I fear that he'll turn out a lot like Gilbert Brule. His upside is about the same, so if he does develop properly, then he could be a first line player.