View Single Post
Old
08-10-2006, 06:22 PM
JiriHrdina

vCash: 500
Just noticed this thread.

I donít play a lot of ice hockey but do play a lot of ball hockey. I dislocated my right knee the first time on a breakaway deke (hit the post tooÖlame). Doctors didnít say much and I dislocated it again about a month later carrying luggage up the stairs. Again, nothing from the doctors about what I should do. After the third time they got me into some rehab and I got a patella stabilizing brace.

That was 3 years ago and since then Iíve dislocated and/or tweaked it a few more times but the brace seems to limit the damage. Iíve tried to strengthen the muscles around the knee and they are definitely stronger but still the dislocations happen and without the brace I wouldnít be able to play anymore at all.

At one point we talked about surgery but the doctorís advised against it. It is frustrating as Iím always aware of my bad knee when playing and its taken away from my enjoyment of the gameÖbut better than not playing at all. Iím also about 30% slower now than before probably primarily from lack of confidence in the knee.

JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote