View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 10:44 PM
ottsabrefan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
There has also been worse hits with no suspension. I think the major problem is consistancy. In the WHL it might have been a 2 game suspension which much of colts fans could have lived with. About Watson injury, it looked like it was when he hit the ice the injury happened, not the hit. But that's just my opinion.
It's hard to know which of the two caused the injury (my guess is probably both), although the Kingston perspective is that the hit to the head caused him to hit his head on the ice. I don't think there was intent, but it was a bit hard to see a 20-year old, drill a 16-year old like that. But, he definitely shouldn't have had his head down.

Congrats to the Colts! Best of luck in their next series. Impressive performances by Neiderberger and Scheifele (and AA). They pretty much carried the team through the first 3 games. To me those two were the difference in the series and without them the Colts might have been looking at the barrel pointed at them, rather than the other way around. And hopefully, the Colts can get their discipline issues turned around (it was pretty painful watching Hawerchuk yell at the officials for five penaly calls every game!).

For next year, I'm interested to hear thoughts on whether Fotino will be able to carry the load as the starter?