View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 11:24 PM
RAgIn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
I think this could be a two-part maneuver. Bettman has a stalking horse to see whether the new city council will offer the same sort of lucrative lease deal as the previous group. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a "take it or leave it" proposition from a new ownership group, that will be every bit as rich as Jamison's, or it might include an early termination option. Signs from the COG are that they wouldn't entertain such a deal, in which case Bettman and the NHL can quickly turn to "Plan B", which would be relocation. I expect that things are going to happen quite quickly now. Dreger tends to spill things only when it suits the NHL and its timetable.

As for Leblanc and IEH, they have already shown a keen interest in managing the Jobing.com arena without the Coyotes.
Yes, I think that pretty sums it up right there... Now let's wait till tomorrow. McCown will hit the air and say that the team is moving to Quebec City. Denials will then come from Daly and the NHL. A month later a reporter not named Brunt (from one of the Quebecor dailies) will say it's official. Close up view of angry Bettman would then be transmitted live on TSN. Then, voila! - it's party time at Plaines d'Abraham. Alternate version of the Jets two years ago. Fringe episode. Any takers on this?