03-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
Private Equity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama19 View Post
Craig Morgan ‏@cmorgancbsfoxaz 4m

Can confirm, per source, that George Gosbee is key player in bid to buy #Coyotes. Am also told this bid is to keep the #Coyotes in Glendale.

Source: https://twitter.com/cmorgancbsfoxaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Whoa there. George Gosbee's quite the heavy hitter out of Alberta. Oil & Gas, Investment Banking etc etc etc. I had no idea he was in the least bit interested in franchise ownership. Leblanc may have hit a home run if he's got this guy involved. Dont know what to make of that.
So Dreger's "breaking news" shook loose the apple tree? We have proof now that the CoG entered into agreement with Beacon Sports as the consultant for the Arena Management piece on March 4th. The Agreement is glowingly absent of any concrete verbiage pertaining to the Coyotes.

Could it be that Gosbee doesn't require a subsidy? And all Beacon is tasked with is an Arena Manager? Wouldn't this Gosbee/LeBlanc tandem want their own, or in-house? Yet, LeBlanc says:

Quote:
Canadian marketing executive Anthony LeBlanc, who previously headed another group interested in buying the Coyotes, said a new deal with the city would be critical for any potential buyer.

“Look, the reality is that any potential owner, myself included, will require a deal with the city that is very, very similar to the one that was on the table over the last several months,” he told The Arizona Republic.

LeBlanc declined to say whether he considered himself a potential owner now and he declined further comment. He previously headed Ice Edge Holdings, which tried but didn’t succeed in purchasing the team in 2010.
http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...r-coyotes.html

I'm smellin' somethin... and it don't have scales