View Single Post
Old
03-27-2013, 11:51 PM
Saundies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
That should be the players goal for sure. But you have to be freaking realistic about it. Should Florida be dealing away picks right now? No.

We're coming off a season where we were 15th. Now we're in 2nd. We're playing extremely well but I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense to sell off younger assets for short term gains. If we really are the real deal, we'll be contenders for the forseeable future. We've got a bunch of young players who are just starting to take off. I'd rather we just wait and see how we do. We can always be buyers next year.
I am realistic about it. I understand that different teams are in different positions, and the position the Habs are in is a lot different than the Panthers right now. If you're saying "we were 15th last year, we're 2nd this year" then isn't it possible we could go right back to the dumpster next year? And if we do, aren't we gonna be kicking ourselves that we didn't at least try to win the cup when we were in a position to? That's all I'm saying.

I'm not saying trade away our "young assets" like Beaulieu, Tinordi, Gallagher, etc.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote