View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Ricelund
troll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
So you give up a 1st round pick and one or more of our top prospects like Tatar, Jarnkrok or Nyquist just to see if he's going to be good?

You don't give up those kind of assets unless you're SURE he's going to re-sign with you and that he's part of your long term plan.
Did you miss the part where I said "if the price is reasonable"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
What's confusing is why you would want to pick up a defenseman with such a unjustifiably-giant cap hit in the first place, and also why on earth you would re-sign such a player to a deal at the same cap hit.
If his cap hit is so incredibly terrible, why are the Red Wings considering him?

You think the Red Wings can do no wrong. This must be a hard one for you to explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsNow View Post
Because the price for Bouwmeester is obviously going to be fairly high, because of his age.

You're acting like he's possibly a rental.

I think that you don;t make a big deal unless you're sure he's a guy you want to keep for 7-8 years.
I'm just saying you're not trading for a player who's signed for 10 more years. If you screw up and lose some solid assets for a guy who flames out, at least you're not tied to him and his cap hit forever.