Thread: Speculation: Bouwmeester?
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 01:52 AM
RedWingsNow*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuick View Post
If JBo is added before the deadline, I think we could benefit from flipping White for some additional assets. A 2nd would be ideal.

I like your lineup, but in a more realistic situation, replace Regehr with Dekeyser. As much as I've despised Sammy in the past, he's played what, 3 games this year? He probably stays on the 3rd line instead of adding Torres. Eaves waived possibly? I'd like to keep Miller if possible.
You want to keep Sammy and Miller around. For what? Sammy is garbage. Miller is replaceable any day of the week.

A guy like Torres can score goals and hit like a brick and add power to a lineup that is soft and weak.

But let's keep Sammy and Miller.

Quote:
What about both? They're both puck-movers but we've got Smith and Kindl on the 2nd PP. A right hand shot can be helpful but so could someone with the offensive prowess of JBo in his Florida days.
Possibly.

Quote:
Uhh, probably. You don't think he knows that he hasn't lived up to his contract? That's a pretty big weight to keep on his shoulders. A more accurate valuation might do wonders for his mental game, if he wanted to stay in Detroit. He could just as easily walk to another huge payday, I guess.
Uh, probably not.
Bouwmeester's agent is going to point out that his stats declined because he was put into the #1PK role and basically put into the mop-up role on the CGY PK.

This year he was average like 1:30 PP a night.
In Florida, he played 3 to 4 minutes a night on the PP