View Single Post
03-28-2013, 05:52 AM
If Cam allow it
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Tonight is an easy game to pile up on Rask because he let in 5 goals.

In a few weeks we'll look back on this game, look at his save percentage and wonder why he isn't "clutch" and all that garbage. Same as that Buffalo game where Sabres got to set up a tent and champing chair in-front of Rask.

When I look at those goals tonight I don't see him having any chance on 4 of them, and the other one was not his fault. But that is just my take and I know all fans have their biases.... so I'm kind of curious as to who saw it different.

Goal #1) Ryder has 3 seconds alone in front of the net with blown coverage. (Rask stopped Ryder all alone a few moments earlier). I'd expect an NHL sniper with that opportunity to bury it.
Verdict: Not his fault

Goal #2) Puck goes through Pandolfo out to the point to Subban (Pandolfo's point man) who blows a shot past a screen off the bar and in. Tuuka didn't get to see it at all.
Verdict: No Chance

Goal #3) Ference gets caught flat-footed reaching for a puck (stop me if you've heard this before) leaving to a 2-1 that is horribly played by Hamilton --either you close off the shot or cover the pass... Hamilton did neither and it was a perfect 1-timer.
Verdict: No Chance

Goal #4) Rask comes out to challenge the shot as he needs to --shot goes high but terrible unlucky bounce off Siedenberg's face right back to Gallagher's stick.
Verdict: Terrible luck on the fluke bounce... no chance

Goal #5) Perfect deflection in from Chara right in-front of the crease.
Verdict: Brutal luck... no chance.

Then I believe he stopped the first 5 shooters --which should be enough to win the game usually.

Anyway, I would like to hear which goals he had any chance on tonight? Maybe it will give me some insight or I will learn something new.

To me, the problem is that we are giving up way too many great scoring chances but I'm always ready for an education and would like to gauge the fanbase's reaction.
Very good post. To me, it's quite simple: some posters ( and we know who they are ) are simply living in the past. They can't get over the fact that Thomas decided to sit a year and leave the team in limbo. Each and every time, it's always the same speech with the so obvious conclusion ( at least, for them ): Thomas would have made that save. Of course, most of time, it's not accurate and these posters make a point to forget the pre-2011 version of Thomas where he was not so good and prone to mistakes/bad goals ( beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, after all ) To be honest, i think we will have to live with this crap until Rask win a Cup or is traded elsewhere. Rask's numbers are there and as some posters have underligne, this blueline is not playing the same top notch defense as 2011. If you look at the past 10 games, it's clear that this D-corps have problems to make a clean clearing attemp when they are stuck in their own end. Not the same sharpness, not the same focus; Definitely not the same squad as 2011.

Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote