View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 07:49 AM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I disagree.

But even if he has been, he makes 2-3 times their salary...the difference just isn't worth it.

Give me another Emelin over Gorges, and make 1-2 other decisions like that and you can get an actual impact player up front that we desperately need. And we wouldn't be hurting that bad on D from the downgrade.

Someone hit the nail on the head when he said he had no problem spending 6M-7M cap hit on a star player but had a problem with paying guys like Gio and Cammy 5M-6M.

That's the truth. These non exceptional guys don't bring something irreplaceable. You can find guys who do the same job for a fraction of the price. You just need a GM who knows who to go for. Guys like Simmonds, Ryder, etc.

Gotta save cap space to go for the big fishes. The Charas, Niedermayers, Suter, etc. Players who are difficult to find and don't often end up on the free agent market.
This is my point. I don't care how much shut down D's make. He is not a shutdown D, nor does he bring a physical element like other sutdown D's. He can't clear the net either. There are just too many flaws for me to want to pay him 4M for 6 years. He is easily replaceable. Subban is not. Price is not. Pleks is not. Markov is not. See where I'm going here?

4M 6 years. I wonder what PK will ask for.