View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJGooch View Post
Count me among the minority of Yankee fans that's looking forward to rooting for an actual flawed baseball team rather than another patchwork all-star collection. Plus all the bandwagon fans jumping ship is a nice bonus.

I grew up going to games where Mike Pagliarulo was at 3B, Wayne Tolleson was at short, Dave LaPoint was on the mound, and Mel Hall and Jesse Barfield were in the outfield -- and I loved it. I can handle -- gasp! -- the thought of a potential 83-win season. It'll be nice to be an underdog for the first time in a while. Isn't that the essence of sports?
I am going to go completely the other way on this one.

I was born in 1983 so the first teams I actually paid attention to were in the late 80's/early 90's. Those teams were horrible. Mel Hall... Alvaro Espinoza... Kevin Maas... Matt Nokes... Claudell Washington. Granted, I was still a young kid but I HAVE seen the Yankees suck in my lifetime. It has been 20 years though.

While I guess I understand you in a sense of rooting for an underdog, I do that enough with the Islanders. It's nice to have a winning baseball team when your hockey team is such ****. So no, I never got sick of winning with the Yankees. It kinda softened the blow of what the Isles would do to me year after year.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote