View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 09:05 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJGooch View Post
That's fine. But to me the wins are a lot more enjoyable when you have to crawl through **** to get them. From 1996 to 2000, every one of those championships was amazing. I've never been more of a Yankee fan than when they lost in 2001.

Then they changed their philosophy from "Let's build a winning team" to "We better not ever lose a game, OR ELSE." Sucked the soul out of it for me.

I remember going to a game where Greg Cadaret was the starter, and that was actually a positive compared to the rest of the trash they had.
I do agree with you that it would be more enjoyable if they hadn't built an All-Star team every year. I couldn't even imagine what it would be like if the Isles ever won anything. One thing I do know... it would be 100x better than any feeling I've ever had when the Yankees won. So I really can't argue that point.

Something to add... and I can't believe I am saying this but maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have a year or two where the team misses the playoffs. What happened in the playoffs last year was embarrassing. I went to every home playoff game and the crowds were horrendous. Game 5 against Baltimore... first pitch the stadium was half empty!! It filled up as the game went on but it was never completely full. The fans have obviously become complacent. "ALDS? HAH! Call me when the World Series starts." To me, THAT is what sucks the fun out of it. Maybe if they suck for a couple years the stadium will be full when they reach the playoffs again.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote