View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 09:22 AM
gto64dr

vCash: 500
The Devils won their championships with arguably the best goalie to ever play the game. They were not loaded with offensive talent and relied on Brodeur, who also acts like a 3rd defenseman. We did make it to the finals with Boosh and Leighton and if you read my previous posts I believe we should relieve Bryz and stick them both back in. That tandom may not be elite but combined they were very good. Did the Devils have all star defense, yes, was Brodeur part of the reason they were so good? Is Bryz part of the reason that a decent, note I said decent, group of defensemen look so inept.

One of the other issues you have not considered with Bryz is that he is one of the worst goalies at handling the puck. He is also terrible on breakaways and odd man rushes and the defense knows this, one of the reasons we get so many minor penalties, This puts the added burden on the defense to handle his miscues, block shots, carry the puck out of the zone and pull down any player that appears to be going in alone. If you look at all the negatives of playing Bryz you can see that I do indeed think he is one terrible goaltender.