Thread: Rumor: Ryan Miller to TB
View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 09:44 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior4321 View Post
How good can Ryan Miller be if he's on the trade block (and this isn't even like Vancouver's cap situation)? They'd trust their backup goaltender over this "top 10 goaltender"? Not saying he hasn't been a great goaltender in the past, but if he's not good enough for Buffalo, why is he good enough for Tampa? I find it surprising that you guys have given up on Lindback. He's developing quite nicely, did you guys expect a guy who had around 40 games under his belt to play like a Vezina goaltender right away?
It's not that he isn't good.

Having Ryan Miller in net hurt your rebuild.. he's bound to steal games.

The return would be great, they are anyway multiple pieces and years away from contending. Miller may not be at his current form then. Trade would speed up the rebuild.

There are reports he wants out.. we all know about Lucic incident.. Has one year left in his contract after this season and may not want to re-sign.

Anyway to the trade. As I mentioned here earlier, the price would be high for division rival. I don't want to blow up the farm for Miller who has one year left on his current contract.

If Miller was the missing piece that this team needs to contend.. I'd go for it. And/or if he's willing to re-sign.

If it's Connolly and scraps, hell yeah I'd do it.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote