View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign View Post
I dont know if youre right or not, but I do have to look sideways at their d-corp and squint real hard at Fleury to have any real confidence in their contender status.

I think Pitt will lay waste to any team in the EC that pretends they can run with them up and down the ice (like Philly, but theyre not making the playoffs). The moment the Pens run into a team that concentrates on defense and goaltending (Boston + Montreal, for example), I think theyre cooked.

Acquiring a scoring winger (not elite Iginla), an aging has-been (Morrow) and a defensemen who would have been scratched some nights in SJ (Murray) doesnt exactly do it for me.

Its more quantity than quality. Iginla is for sure a very quality player, the needed winger Crosby hasnt had (Malkin always played with Neal). But Iginla is not a Selke forward, he never was and still isnt.

...and with that defense and with Fleury headspace between the pipes...I dont know. I mean, they are the favorite, absolutely. But...
That's a good analysis man. That's not laughing at their fans and Shero if he fails.
I agree, their defense needs some work. But I think Doug Murray can really help them

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote