View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Morrow’s acquisition had nothing to do with how many points he can put up and I have no doubt Iginla will thrive in the Pens top 6 and add some much needed grit up there. It was widely speculated that a team would overpay to get Iginla. Pens did, and now are on the hot seat to win the Cup and are the favourite to do so. Sounds like a pretty good situation to be in. A # 1 pick is tough to lose but that may end up to be what the 29th or 30th pick overall? Not exactly the big loss the tag of #1 implies.
If Hawks are willing to take the risk and overpay to do something similar they need a player like Morrow and probably more importantly a gritty 2nd line centerman. I wouldn’t mind a physical stay-at-home dman either. (I’m not overly thrilled with the goalies we have either but I won’t go there). Grabbing all 3 will be no easy task, but not impossible. If Stan sits on his hands, then no, we are not in the same class as Pens. No team will want to meet them in the PO’s, but I doubt very much we could get that far anyway.
Morrow is a shell of himself. He isn't even getting 15 mins a game anymore. The Pens were plenty gritty last year. They lost because their defense and goalie sucked.