View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Agreed on everything and i would just add in the tidbit about defense.

Pens biggest issue last year was defense, their offense will always be top-tier with Malkin/Crosby. They scored an absurd amount of goals in the playoffs. Thing is, the playoffs have been and will always be about defense. Maybe not every round, but you have to be able to play great D to make it through 4 rounds.

I don't see how the addition of a slow, on his last legs, Murray helps in that regard. He's nothing more than a bottom pairing D-man.

Again, I think they would have been better off making a big push at getting JBO (maybe the contract scared them away). I really don't see these moves doing much and they gave up quite a few assets.

United the Atlantic will stand against the Pens. I don't see them going to the cup with that suspect D and a Fleury who is consistently shaky.

I don't think it's a surprise that the year they won the cup he went into a mode hes never been able to replicate. Not saying it can't/won't happen again, but I wouldn't bet my money on it.
Excellent post; right on point with the Pen's weaknesses.
At least we're all united in our hatred for the "model franchise" of the NHL and their pompous a****** of an owner!