View Single Post
Old
08-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
I agree, but remember, aside from Hugh, we have no power forwards in our system. That's gotta be a huge advantage in Hugh's favor, so he still has a legit chance of making it, unless they go and draft a big power center or winger in 07, then he's back where he was right around the time of the injury, in kahoots.

Greg Moore isn't going to be a big scorer at the NHL level, even though he's got a better chance of making this year's team as of right now, but he's not even a legit power forward, I have him down as a 3rd line grinder who can maybe put up 10-20 goals and 30-40 points if lucky.
I think they have some power forwards/pesky forwards, though they lack an elite one as you were getting at.

If guys like Moore and a Dupoint chip in 15 goals a pop and play a power game, than that's some power on the third line.

Hall, who is a crap shoot, has some potential. Maybe he can becomes a 25 goal scorer, we'll see.

Dubinsky is going to be a very chippy center and with some added size he could be a power forward.

I think they have some options, though they don't have a clear cut/ top end power forward outside of maybe Dubinsky who has he's grown has transitioned from more of a pesk to a poor man's Messier (elbow here, drop the gloves there, stick to the face, etc.)

But this is where the conversation loops back on itself and comes back to 2003 with guys like Brown or Getzlaf in the power forward category. It's annoying, I know, but that's where the dead horse elements come from.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote