View Single Post
03-28-2013, 11:54 AM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Also I understand to want a blockbuster move at the deadline but that just doesn't seem to happen. Teams understand that you can't compete on a regular basis unless you draft and develop your own guys. The NHL is becoming like the NFL in that way. Teams that try to go out and sign guys every year end up paying for it in the end.
I disagree. I agree that the Hawks are becoming like an NFL team but the best teams in the NHL still make the big moves and go for it. That has always been a part of the NHL and always will. Whether that be Pronger to Edmonton, Iginla to the Pens, Stuart to the Wings, Kaberle to the Bruins, about 4 or 5 quality guys to the Canucks, and all of the other teams who fell short of the finals but still had the desire for the Cup to go for it, they did everything they could. It's fine though, you are the fan of the team you are a fan of and that is something I personally need to come to terms with and am trying to do so.

And you know, you see the occasional post from a Hawksfan82 or whoever about making moves but not as much as last year, not even close. I think we are all getting on board with reality and that is a good thing, appreciate the little things and enjoy them.