View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 01:11 PM
DOGSTARMAN

vCash: 500
Sorry, but I just find this post a bit rash. I understand that people are disappointed or even upset about the bait-and-switch with Iginla overnight. But I think you have to admit, and I think most people seem to be seeing it this way, the Bruins had a virtually done deal, as close any deal that did not close has ever come in my memory, to land an impact player. People can quibble over the current level of play of Iginla but I don't see how you could say obtaining him would not at least have a chance of improving the Bruins. So Chiarelli came that close to landing a future HOF player but it fell apart due to either the insanity of the Flames GM or shenanigans with Iginla's decision process, or whatever. The Bruins put up the best deal by all accounts.

Given this, I don't think it's a fair reaction to take Chiarelli to task today for not getting something done. Yet. I agree with many that the Bruins could use some help and it would be very helpful if he can bring in a good player. We'll see what happens by the deadline and then we can revisit the premise of those thread. But, again, it does not seem entirely fair to me to segue from last night's drama to a summary dismissal of Chiarelli's work the past 2 years. That's emotion and frustration. I get it, but let's see what the next few days bring, then revisit. Feaster and/or Iginla bleeped us good, I really can't fault Chiarelli for that too much.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote