View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 12:12 PM
timekeep

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd4 View Post
I never underestimate anyone, ever, both in sports and in life - it's how you get blindsided.

I just don't like the format for the MC where the host team automatically gets a bye. I'm not sure how they could do it differently though and still guarantee having a well planned tournament with bums in the seats. It almost seems like Saskatoon did their best to ensure that they go into the MC well rested and with no injuries and didn't worry about competing. I'm of the firm belief that the main reason we had a poor showing last year at the MC was due to the last series against Portland. It was an extremely hard fought series that probably exasperated any injuries guys were playing with and wore them down physically. It caused them to peak early.

Whether it was a "strategic" move or just not caring, only they know for sure. We'll find out come May long weekend!
You never know for sure what can happen but the Blades showed they were over-confident and cocky. Not familar with their injury list but if they need Astles to get better then they won't be a factor in the MC. Watching the playoff games, they are leadership and the major additions at the trade deadline didn't make a difference in the playoffs.