View Single Post
Old
03-28-2013, 01:23 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickM32 View Post
Sans the Iginla fiasco, I've had a beef with Chiarelli since the Cup. He has yet to improve this team in any way IMO.

After the Cup, he has lost Recchi, Kaberle, Ryder and had Seguin as their 13th

Replaced them with Pouliot, Corvo and Caron and added Zanon, Rolston and Mottau at the deadline

Then he lost Rolston, Zanon, Corvo and Pouliot and replaced them with Bourque, Hamilton, and Pandolfo.

Point is, this team hasn't added a significant piece on the past 2 years since the Cup. They have had two years of tons of cap space and didn't do squat with it. That's my issue. Now, next year, we have some cap issues and the window for big pieces is gone.
You are singing my song.

Unacceptable. Last year not adding a real player over Mottau Zanon and Rolston cost us the Washington series. After that we just needed to win 12 our of 20 or so games against Jersey, NYR, and LA to get a repat. PC screwed us.

This year we have to watch Bourque be plucky but undersized and not up to a 3rd line spot...but what do they do? Replace him with a SHIIIITTTTYYYY 40 year old who can't stay on his skates, is crazy slow, and isn't sniffing a point.

Chiarelli is getting worse and worse and Jacobs should probably send Neely packing with him if Cam doesn't have issues with his GM. Its that bad.

Chiarelli has been a joke since the Cup. He made a safe pick asset-wise drafting Malcomn since he has the last name and is a prominent goalie at the lower levels. Sorry though, thats not enough to excuse refusing to add to a team on the brink of another Cup.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote